Solar Stik® Inc., is a leader in the portable renewable power industry. Our administrative offices and production facility are located in downtown Saint Augustine, Florida, where we manufacture renewable energy power systems, battery storage systems, power management devices, and high-efficiency appliances for a broad range of markets.
As a Solar Stik® team member, you are not an employee, but part of a family. We offer full-time employees health insurance, paid holidays, personal time off, and reimbursement for wellness/fitness classes. Monthly, we get together for a catered lunch or cookout to celebrate our achievements as individuals and as a company.
Our camaraderie is just as strong off the field as on the field! We surf together, attend concerts together, and participate in team-building events for worthy causes, such as the MuckRuckus for MS Research and the Wounded Warrior Project 8K Run.
Solar Stik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our recruiting and hiring practices are based on job-related criteria only. We do not discriminate on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Please note, as part of our selection requirements, we request authorization from applicants to perform drug screens and background checks.
If our mission rings true to you and you have the skills to meet one of the opportunities listed below or related areas, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com for consideration.
Current Job Openings (Scroll down for more info)
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Department: Media and Documentation
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Pay Rate: $12 per hour
Type: Part Time
Reports To: Lead Designer
Applications Accepted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: January 2017
- Maintain and design a range of print projects including spec sheets, brochures, case studies, graphs, posters, advertisements, instruction manuals, and corporate identity pieces
- Create content for the website and use a content management system (CMS) to upload graphics, spec sheets, banners, and articles to it
- Create clipping paths in Photoshop to place products on a white background
- Organize and maintain electronic files and folders
- Manage your own project workflow while coordinating with Lead Designer on schedules, requirements, goals, and assignments as needed
- Juggle various projects and handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrate proficiency with Mac computers and programs; PC skills a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design and/or 1–2 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6 or newer: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Strong concept-development and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of typography, layout, and user interface design
- Strong attention to detail
Additional Skills a Plus:
- Ability to design websites using WordPress, Drupal, or other programming languages (Java, PHP, C++)
- Create mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Able to take photographs that “tell a story” and demonstrate an understanding of composition
- Knowledge of social media for business
- Experience in editing video or animation
- Comprehension of electrical AC/DC systems
What We Offer:
- Energetic, interactive environment
- Coffee, snacks, and the occasional lunch!
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Include either a link to a website or a PDF of your portfolio illustrating your best design and the breadth of your abilities.