Solar Stik® Inc., is a leader in the portable renewable power industry. Our administrative offices and production facility are located in downtown Saint Augustine, Florida, where we manufacture renewable energy power systems, battery storage systems, power management devices, and high-efficiency appliances for a broad range of markets.
As a Solar Stik® team member, you are not an employee, but part of a family. We offer full-time employees health insurance, paid holidays, personal time off, and reimbursement for wellness/fitness classes. Monthly, we get together for a catered lunch or cookout to celebrate our achievements as individuals and as a company.
Our camaraderie is just as strong off the field as on the field! We surf together, attend concerts together, and participate in team-building events for worthy causes, such as the MuckRuckus for MS Research and the Wounded Warrior Project 8K Run.
Solar Stik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our recruiting and hiring practices are based on job-related criteria only. We do not discriminate on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Please note, as part of our selection requirements, we request authorization from applicants to perform drug screens and background checks.
If our mission rings true to you and you have the skills to meet one of the opportunities listed below or related areas, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com for consideration.
Current Job Openings (Scroll down for more info)
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Research, design, develop, and test electrical equipment, components, and systems involving portable hybrid power systems
Join a small but growing company focused on constant innovation and leading-edge technology in the ever growing and evolving portable/hybrid power market.
Seeking a highly motivated engineer with a passion for electrical engineering and a desire to push the parameters of what is possible. As part of our Technology Team, you will participate in constant improvement of our current product line and development of new custom and off-the-shelf solutions for our customer base that includes the U.S. military; intelligence agencies; federal, state, and local law enforcement and first responders; as well as commercial and private customers here and abroad. Experience is required. Bring your passion and knowledge, and we’ll provide the on-the-job training on the Solar Stik products and design philosophy. Despite our growth, we are a still a tight-knit group with an amazing team culture and a strong sense of mission. We are offering a full-time, salaried position with generous benefits and ample opportunities for growth, including leadership positions. Occasional travel is required, both locally and on extended overnight trips, no more than 30 days per year, which may include weekends and holidays. Solar Stik is located in beautiful, historic St. Augustine, FL, an attractive, low-cost locale, with great schools, beaches, restaurants, and other attractions with easy access to Jacksonville and Orlando.
- Translate customer requirements into electrical design specifications
- Design safe, reliable, and efficient AC and DC power circuits
- Create technical drawings of products for manufacturing, partners, and end users
- Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment
- Establish electrical design and manufacturing standards and specifications
- Develop leading-edge, portable hybrid power systems
- Support sales team in solving customer needs through system design, analysis, and product customization
- Improve existing products and help define new products based on customer needs, manufacturability, and company design principles
- Coordinate electrical design, manufacturing, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with electrical specifications, codes, and customer requirements
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s in electrical engineering from an accredited school
- +2 years electrical engineering experience is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of electrical engineering, design, engineering software, and computer-aided design
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage time in a complex environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving in a team environment
- Working knowledge of National Electric Code or International Electric Code
- Understanding of electromagnetic environmental effects and their mitigation
- Microcontroller and PLC programming
- Previous solar/hybrid power system design experience is highly desired.
- SolidWorks Electrical Schematic proficiency
- Designing for and testing FCC Title 47 Part 15 and MIL-STD-461 compliance
- Project management training and/or education
- Familiarity with manufacturing operations and Lean/Six Sigma methodologies
- Finger dexterity required
- Hand coordination required
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus
- Possible risk of electrical shock
- Protective clothing or equipment (including steel-toed boots and protective eyewear) required in certain areas
- Noise level in the work environment usually minimal
Employment inquiries are accepted only by email. All correspondence should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your resume and a cover letter.
Solar Stik, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA/Veterans employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply for position vacancies as appropriate.
Solar Stik is a privately held company in St. Augustine, FL. For more information, please visit www.solarstik.com.
Solar Stik commits to hiring returning veterans.