Solar Stik® Inc., is a leader in the portable renewable power industry. Our administrative offices and production facility are located in downtown Saint Augustine, Florida, where we manufacture renewable energy power systems, battery storage systems, power management devices, and high-efficiency appliances for a broad range of markets.
As a Solar Stik® team member, you are not an employee, but part of a family. We offer full-time employees health insurance, paid holidays, personal time off, and reimbursement for wellness/fitness classes. Monthly, we get together for a catered lunch or cookout to celebrate our achievements as individuals and as a company.
Our camaraderie is just as strong off the field as on the field! We surf together, attend concerts together, and participate in team-building events for worthy causes, such as the Walk MS for MS Research and the Wounded Warrior Project 8K Run.
Solar Stik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our recruiting and hiring practices are based on job-related criteria only. We do not discriminate on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Please note, as part of our selection requirements, we request authorization from applicants to perform drug screens and background checks.
If our mission rings true to you and you have the skills to meet one of the opportunities listed below or related areas, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Current Job Openings (Scroll down for more info)
Job Title: Quality Technician
Travel Required: N/A
Position Type: Full-Time, Hourly
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Date Posted: 08/06/2020
HR Contact: Hannah Parnofiello
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and improve documented Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Responsible for the overall quality of work in each product, including inspections, managing documentation, etc.
- Maintain IPC 620 Class 3 Standards
- Maintain all testing equipment and ensure all equipment being used is certified and calibrated
- Responsible for ensuring the quality standards set forth by the customer are being maintained
- Responsible for troubleshooting customer returned product and creating CRAs if required
- Responsible for having a first piece available during the entire production run for reference
- Responsible for communicating any errors found in work instructions, quality checklists, or other documentation to the Production and Quality Manager
- Communicate with Business Development and Engineering on CRA’s
- Responsible for reporting scrap parts to the Inventory Management Specialist
- Responsible for reporting out-of-stocks or low stocks to the Purchasing Specialist
- Responsible for maintaining and executing Quality related assigned tasks within TeamWork interface
- Responsible for testing individual units and maintaining related documentation
- Responsible for testing the entire system and maintaining related documentation
- Load test all battery contained products, and document the results
- Report any quality issues to the Production Manager
- Maintain PM’s on generators
- Assist the Engineering Department in understanding components and systems
- Assist Production Manager in the growth of the Quality team and processes in a manufacturing environment
- Assist in other production areas as the workload necessitates and follow standard operating procedures for that area
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B.S. in Quality Assurance or Quality Management preferred
- A.S. in Quality Assurance
- 5+ years in a Quality related role
- Experience troubleshooting AC and DC circuits required
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and Quality Management Systems
- Proficient in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective time-management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities.
Note: We are committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from people who meet our selection criteria, regardless of sex, race, creed, sexual orientation, or disability. Solar Stik® Inc. promotes personnel from within its own ranks, and we believe that healthy cross training fosters a well-rounded workforce.
Solar Stik commits to hiring returning veterans.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.