Solar Stik® Inc., is a leader in the portable renewable power industry. Our administrative offices and production facility are located in downtown Saint Augustine, Florida, where we manufacture renewable energy power systems, battery storage systems, power management devices, and high-efficiency appliances for a broad range of markets.
As a Solar Stik® team member, you are not an employee, but part of a family. We offer full-time employees health insurance, paid holidays, personal time off, and reimbursement for wellness/fitness classes. Monthly, we get together for a catered lunch or cookout to celebrate our achievements as individuals and as a company.
Our camaraderie is just as strong off the field as on the field! We surf together, attend concerts together, and participate in team-building events for worthy causes, such as the Walk MS for MS Research and the Wounded Warrior Project 8K Run.
Solar Stik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our recruiting and hiring practices are based on job-related criteria only. We do not discriminate on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Please note, as part of our selection requirements, we request authorization from applicants to perform drug screens and background checks.
If our mission rings true to you and you have the skills to meet one of the opportunities listed below or related areas, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com for consideration.
Current Job Openings (Scroll down for more info)
Job Title: CAD Drafter / Engineering Technician
Travel Required: Occasional
Position Type: Full-Time, Hourly
Join a small but growing company focused on constant innovation and leading-edge technology in the ever growing and evolving portable/hybrid power market.
Seeking a highly motivated engineer with a passion for electrical engineering and a desire to push the parameters of what is possible. As part of our Technology Team, you will participate in constant improvement of our current product line and development of new custom and off-the-shelf solutions for our customer base that includes the U.S. military; intelligence agencies; federal, state, and local law enforcement and first responders; as well as commercial and private customers here and abroad. Experience is required. Bring your passion and knowledge, and we’ll provide the on-the-job training on the Solar Stik products and design philosophy. Despite our growth, we are a still a tight-knit group with an amazing team culture and a strong sense of mission. We are offering a full-time, salaried position with generous benefits and ample opportunities for growth, including leadership positions. Occasional travel is required, both locally and on extended overnight trips, no more than 30 days per year, which may include weekends and holidays. Solar Stik is located in beautiful, historic St. Augustine, FL, an attractive, low-cost locale, with great schools, beaches, restaurants, and other attractions with easy access to Jacksonville and Orlando.
- Transform initial rough product designs into working documents using computer aided design (CAD).
- Review engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Collaborate with design originators to resolve discrepancies between original drawings and final CAD designs.
- Produce 2D electrical line diagrams.
- Produce From-To Lists.
- Assist with mechanical drawings development.
- Follow quality standards set forth by the customer.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
- Participate in testing, data collection, and prototype builds.
- Research new technologies and suppliers.
- Perpetually stay informed on electrical concepts and theory.
- Assist in production as the workload necessitates and follow standard operating procedures for that area.
- Participate in first article builds.
TEAMWORK AND SAFETY
- Make a positive impact on the Solar Stik Mission.
- Interface regularly and proactively with Production Manager and team members to identify product build package gaps and address accordingly.
- Be a servant leader within the Solar Stik team.
- Read the required books on the Stik Together Reading List.
- Complete online Stikopedia Modules.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Keep work area clean.
- Follow the appropriate Electro Static Discharge (ESD) procedures.
- A.S. Degree or related certification in Engineering Technology, Technical Drafting, or equivalent.
- 1+ year experience with AutoCAD.
- 1+ year experience in an engineering support role.
- Experience using measurement tools.
- Proficient written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective time-management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities.
Employment inquiries are accepted only by email. All correspondence should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your resume and a cover letter.
Solar Stik, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA/Veterans employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply for position vacancies as appropriate.
Solar Stik is a privately held company in St. Augustine, FL. For more information, please visit www.solarstik.com.
Note: Solar Stik, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Solar Stik commits to hiring returning veterans.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.