Solar Stik® Inc., is a leader in the portable renewable power industry. Our administrative offices and production facility are located in downtown Saint Augustine, Florida, where we manufacture renewable energy power systems, battery storage systems, power management devices, and high-efficiency appliances for a broad range of markets.
As a Solar Stik® team member, you are not an employee, but part of a family. We offer full-time employees health insurance, paid holidays, personal time off, and reimbursement for wellness/fitness classes. Monthly, we get together for a catered lunch or cookout to celebrate our achievements as individuals and as a company.
Our camaraderie is just as strong off the field as on the field! We surf together, attend concerts together, and participate in team-building events for worthy causes, such as the Walk MS for MS Research and the Wounded Warrior Project 8K Run.
Solar Stik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our recruiting and hiring practices are based on job-related criteria only. We do not discriminate on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Please note, as part of our selection requirements, we request authorization from applicants to perform drug screens and background checks.
If our mission rings true to you and you have the skills to meet one of the opportunities listed below or related areas, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Current Job Openings (Scroll down for more info)
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Reports To: CFO
FLSA Status: Salary/Exempt
Saving lives across the globe through innovative power solutions.
The Bookkeeper position is a diverse role that encompasses a variety of responsibilities associated with Bookkeeping, Accounting, and direct support to the Chief Financial Officer. The successful Bookkeeper will have comprehensive experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel, and the ability to multitask multiple priorities. This is a fast paced, dynamic position with boundless opportunities for growth. Apply today!
Description of Duties
- Support CFO by maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions
are properly recorded
- Ensure the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconcile subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger
- Enter invoices for all received product against incoming purchase orders (POs) in MISys
- Record all credit card entries into Quickbooks
- Enter bills into Quickbooks and process accounts payable
- Compile financial data to aid CFO in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports
- Assist in the analyzation of current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Track unpaid sales tax and report to CFO
- Manage company credit cards
- Maintain W-9s for all suppliers
- Serve as backup to HR for payroll execution
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors, Associates, or Technical degree in Bookkeeping, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years progressive experience in a Bookkeeping role
- 3+ years Quickbooks experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Gmail
- Proficient written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, with a logical and data analysis driven approach to problem-solving/decision making.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certification(s) Accounting, Finance, or Bookkeeping
- Experience with MRP software a plus
- Experience in Manufacturing related fields a plus
- Experience with payroll functions a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain multiple priorities continuously
Quick Apply: Bookkeeper Position
Note: Solar Stik, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Solar Stik commits to hiring returning veterans.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.