Solar Stik® Inc., is a leader in the portable renewable power industry. Our administrative offices and production facility are located in downtown Saint Augustine, Florida, where we manufacture renewable energy power systems, battery storage systems, power management devices, and high-efficiency appliances for a broad range of markets.
As a Solar Stik® team member, you are not an employee, but part of a family. We offer full-time employees health insurance, paid holidays, personal time off, and reimbursement for wellness/fitness classes. Monthly, we get together for a catered lunch or cookout to celebrate our achievements as individuals and as a company.
Our camaraderie is just as strong off the field as on the field! We surf together, attend concerts together, and participate in team-building events for worthy causes, such as the Walk MS for MS Research and the Wounded Warrior Project 8K Run.
Solar Stik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our recruiting and hiring practices are based on job-related criteria only. We do not discriminate on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Please note, as part of our selection requirements, we request authorization from applicants to perform drug screens and background checks.
If our mission rings true to you and you have the skills to meet one of the opportunities listed below or related areas, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Current Job Openings (Scroll down for more info)
Job Title: Quality Manager
Travel Required: N/A
Position Type: Full-Time, Hourly
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Date Posted: 02/16/2021
HR Contact: Hannah Parnofiello
The Quality Manager is a hands-on position that will be responsible to ensure all company products and services meet established quality standards before they go to market. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding customer expectations and needs, creating new quality standards where necessary, and developing quality control processes. The ideal candidate is a high-energy, results-focused self-starter with the capability to be an agent of change. This position will report to the C.O.O.
Description of Duties
- Develop, implement, and oversee quality management systems (inspection, testing, etc.)
- Review documents or materials for compliance with policies or regulations
- Produce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, or quality trends
- Review statistical studies, technological advances, or regulatory standards and trends to stay abreast of issues in the field of quality control
- Responsible for continuously updating standard operating procedures or quality assurance manuals
- Responsible for communicating quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A.S. in Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, or related field from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 3+ years progressive experience in Manufacturing and Quality related fields
- Experience within the military industry (or other highly regulated industry) preferred
- Familiarity of IPC 620 Class 3 standard of work
- Familiarity of ISO 9000
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
Proficient written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Detail-oriented, with a logical and data analysis-driven approach to problem-solving/decision making.
Note: We are committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from people who meet our selection criteria, regardless of sex, race, creed, sexual orientation, or disability. Solar Stik® Inc. promotes personnel from within its own ranks, and we believe that healthy cross training fosters a well-rounded workforce.
Solar Stik commits to hiring returning veterans.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.