Solar Stik® Inc., is a leader in the portable renewable power industry. Our administrative offices and production facility are located in downtown Saint Augustine, Florida, where we manufacture renewable energy power systems, battery storage systems, power management devices, and high-efficiency appliances for a broad range of markets.
As a Solar Stik® team member, you are not an employee, but part of a family. We offer full-time employees health insurance, paid holidays, personal time off, and reimbursement for wellness/fitness classes. Monthly, we get together for a catered lunch or cookout to celebrate our achievements as individuals and as a company.
Our camaraderie is just as strong off the field as on the field! We surf together, attend concerts together, and participate in team-building events for worthy causes, such as the Walk MS for MS Research and the Wounded Warrior Project 8K Run.
Solar Stik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our recruiting and hiring practices are based on job-related criteria only. We do not discriminate on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Please note, as part of our selection requirements, we request authorization from applicants to perform drug screens and background checks.
If our mission rings true to you and you have the skills to meet one of the opportunities listed below or related areas, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Current Job Openings (Scroll down for more info)
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Travel Required: Occasional
Position Type: Full-Time, Salary
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Date Posted: 9/18/2019
HR Contact: Hannah Rhodes
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and produce electrical schematics, wire diagrams, line diagrams, and associated lists for new and existing products
- Continuously seek ways to improve existing products with a focus on quality and sustainability
- Design and build leading-edge safe and reliable portable hybrid power products
- Assist with the specification of new products based on the translation of customer needs, assembly, and engineering design principles
- Support sales team with interpreting customer needs through product design and analysis
- Liaise with production team to design for manufacturability, to provide and interpret electrical drawings for assembly and define tests to ensure compliance with quality and electrical standards
- Assist with the development of engineering standards and operating procedures
- Define and perform developmental and qualification testing to ensure products meet electrical design requirements and produce product data sheets
- Recommend, develop and implement tools and practices to improve Technology Team productivity and capability
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering from accredited school
- 1 to 3 years electrical engineering experience is required
- Experience creating electrical drawings and associated lists with SolidWorks Electrical Schematic or similar CAD software
- Experience with electrical system design and wiring
- Experience cutting, stripping, crimping, and soldering wires in accordance with IPC/WHMA-A-620
- Experience using basic hand tools
- Experience building and testing prototypes
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, associated lists, customer requirements, and specifications
- Ability to develop and implement test plans
- Ability to analyze data and provide clear and concise reports with recommendations and supporting data
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience designing solar/hybrid power system
- Experience with methods of interfacing hardware to microcontrollers
- Experience with communication protocols, such as I2C, RS232, NEMA 2000, SAE J1939, etc.
- Experience prototyping with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Familiarity with NFPA 70: NEC, IEC, ANSI, and military standards
- Familiarity with EMI/RFI and their mitigation
- Finger dexterity required
- Hand coordination required
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus
Note: Solar Stik, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Solar Stik commits to hiring returning veterans.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.