Solar Stik® Inc., is a leader in the portable renewable power industry. Our administrative offices and production facility are located in downtown Saint Augustine, Florida, where we manufacture renewable energy power systems, battery storage systems, power management devices, and high-efficiency appliances for a broad range of markets.
As a Solar Stik® team member, you are not an employee, but part of a family. We offer full-time employees health insurance, paid holidays, personal time off, and reimbursement for wellness/fitness classes. Monthly, we get together for a catered lunch or cookout to celebrate our achievements as individuals and as a company.
Our camaraderie is just as strong off the field as on the field! We surf together, attend concerts together, and participate in team-building events for worthy causes, such as the Walk MS for MS Research and the Wounded Warrior Project 8K Run.
Solar Stik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our recruiting and hiring practices are based on job-related criteria only. We do not discriminate on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Please note, as part of our selection requirements, we request authorization from applicants to perform drug screens and background checks.
If our mission rings true to you and you have the skills to meet one of the opportunities listed below or related areas, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com for consideration.
Current Job Openings (Scroll down for more info)
Job Title: Wiring Assembly Technician
Travel Required: N/A
Position Type: Full-Time, Hourly
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Date Posted: 06/24/2020
HR Contact: Hannah Parnofiello
Roles and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
- Position, align, or adjust workpieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly.
- Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results.
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering equipment.
- Prepare wires for installation using pneumatic stripper and crimper.
- Follow the work instructions as they pertain to the production processes and suggest improvements.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan or review work activities or to resolve production problems.
- Drill or tap holes in specified equipment locations to mount control units or to provide openings for elements, wiring, or instruments.
- Fabricate or form parts, coils, or structures according to specifications, using drills, calipers, cutters, or saws.
- Explain procedures or techniques to other workers.
- Verify the BOM on each First Piece.
- Use the correct material called for by the BOM.
- Use the correct and approved tooling called for by the work instructions.
- Practice extreme customer service.
- Ensure the quality of work in each product.
- Maintain IPC 620 Class 3 Standard of work.
- Use only certified and calibrated testing equipment.
- Complete required quality paperwork.
- Follow quality standards set forth by the customer.
- Use only approved, up to date quality work instructions.
- Follow the appropriate Electro Static Discharge (ESD) procedures.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent education (College degree or vocational training preferred)
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of electrical theory and circuitry.
- Basic use of hand-tools and measuring equipment.
- Proficient written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective time-management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, band, lift, and use hands.
- Regularly required to reaching with hands and arms.
Note: We are committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from people who meet our selection criteria, regardless of sex, race, creed, sexual orientation, or disability. Solar Stik® Inc. promotes personnel from within its own ranks, and we believe that healthy cross training fosters a well-rounded workforce.
Solar Stik commits to hiring returning veterans.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.